Saturday, February 2, 2008

No Comment
Do all men want the same thing? Nestor, recently widowed, runs a bakery near Barcelona, has a bank account and a bad heart, and swims in the sea every day. He also has a daughter and a two-timing son-in-law. Nestor's maid asks him to hire her 20-something daughter, Maribel, as a shop assistant. Thanks to a libido released by late-night cable movies, he falls for Mari and wants to marry her. She's cynical about men, but she likes the thrill of crime and has a boyfriend, Manolo, who's a debt collector in Barcelona. If she marries Nestor and he dies soon, they'd have plenty of money. What could complicate that? Written by <jhailey@hotmail.com>

I had the sublime pleasure of seeing "Kill Me Tender" at the 2003 AFI Film Festival at Arclight Hollywood in Los Angeles. Hilarious, tender, sexy...absolutely unforgettable. I fell in love with Ingrid Rubino instantly...she just melted right off the screen and into my heart. I adored it so much...I saw the second screening the next night. After only seeing it twice, I regard it as one of my favorite films of all time. Ramon de Espana is exploding with talent. I'm holding my breath for his next film. The problem is...I have no idea how to see "Kill Me Tender" again! Will it ever be released in the United States!? I'm SHOCKED that someone hasn't scooped it up for distribution. If anyone knows of this brilliant film's fate...e-mail me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer